Volume 28 Issue 6
Do you remember 2004?
Whether you’re planning to evacuate or not, here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Ensure you have enough food, water, medications, and other supplies in your survival kit to last at least 2 weeks.
- Turn refrigerator to coldest setting and keep closed.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Unplug small appliances.
- Fill bathtub and other containers with water for cleaning and flushing. Additional water is stored for drinking.
- Cover all windows and other openings with hardened protections. If you do not have manufactured shutters, cut plywood and secure to protect the windows.
- Close all interior doors and brace outer doors.
- Select an interior room to use as a safe room.
- Plan as though you were evacuating and have enough cash on hand to sustain purchasing of gas, food, and other supplies in the days following the storm.
- If you have a generator, ensure you have enough gas on hand to sustain usage for several days.
- Ensure you have sufficient medications in case you are confined to your home for several days. Post-storm there may not be any electricity and pharmacies will probably be closed even with a minor storm.
- Plan to cook on a camp stove or grill in the days immediately after the storm passes.
For official information and evacuation routes, CLICK HERE
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Roger Compton to the position of President, Ann Manzo to the position of Vice President and the addition of Connie Bennett as our newest board member.
No “Off season” for the HOA board. The office will continue to be open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm throughout the summer. We will continue our monthly Executive Board and General Membership Meetings.
Free Smoke Detector Program sponsored by the American Red Cross is a big success in Barefoot Bay
Saturday June 3, 2017 was the first Smoke Detector installation event in Barefoot Bay. Special thanks to Ann Manzo and Kathy Planinsek for assisting the folks from The American Red Cross in connecting with the Barefoot Bay Homeowners. A total of 105 detectors were installed in 46 homes making the Bay safer one installation at a time. For more information regarding this program and future dates for installation, contact the HOA office.
Volunteer Van drivers are needed in the Bay. Our Van drivers take seniors to a luncheon program at the Micco Center and also to Walmart for a few hours of shopping.
Please contact Vicky Hay, email@example.com or call the HOA office at (772) 663-0633.
Wednesdays, pool #2 at 5:00 p.m. This is a great place for the Grandparents to bring visiting grand kids for swimming, fun and games, and is open to everyone in the bay.
June 17th at 7:00 p.m. – “Hot Summer Nights” in Building “A”. Music provided by DJ Dougie Ryrie. There will be dancing, games and a Photo Booth. Tickets are available for $10.00 at the HOA office and from the committee; Tamessa & Roger Compton, Tom O’Donnell, Betsy Davis and Kathy Lesh. Tickets will be sold at the door.
July 20th at 5:00 p.m. – General Social Membership Meeting outside under the pavilion. This will be a picnic. We will provide Hot Dogs and Chips. Feel free to wear your bathing suit and be ready for an evening of fun and games.
July 27th at 7:00 p.m. Building “A” – Bingo! The HOA is hosting their first BINGO night and will continue to host Bingo night on the 4th Thursday of every month.
September 2nd at 6:00 pm. Building “A” – The HOA will be hosting a Labor Day Weekend Dance. Music by Kenny Williams. More information will be provided in future newsletters and on our website.
September 21st at 5:00 p.m. Building “A” – The HOA General Social Membership Meeting will be a Potluck.
October 19th at 5:00 p.m. – Our General Social Membership Meeting will include a “Chowder Cook-off “Contest. Get ready to compete using your favorite recipe; Seafood, Manhattan, New England, Rhode Island or Corn, to name a few yummy ideas.
CLICK HERE to view our new monthly calendar.
A Glimpse into the Past
*Please note this is a copy of an official document from the past. The emblem is no longer in use*